Being a lawyer continued ….


I am happy to be signing in at 9 pm, it is my ideal time to write post but its not easy for me to operate like this everyday as I get lazy easily, and when one thing is delayed then every other chore is inevitably deferred.


Before beginning I am so thankful to my dedicated readers who have made this blog a family space and showered me with their love and blessings. Thank you all for your encouraging emails, comments and calls. All I can say that I am truly humbled. 
Thank you Star for all your appreciation, and yes you are absolutely right that this is the real key to grow in any profession.

Thank you Fouzia dear for taking time out of your busy schedule and responsibilities for reading my little blog; and calling me to give your love and wonderful comments.


To my readers who are unfamiliar with Fouzia, she is a lawyer and my colleague at the law firm Muzaffar & Associates where I worked in those crucial early years of my law practice. I sincerely hope that my senior Mr. Sohail Muzaffar & Fouzia Rasheed wouldn’t mind their names being mentioned on blog.


In fact the way I accidentally joined this law firm is really interesting. If you remembered that I mentioned a prominent female lawyer with whom I worked for one month, it was when I worked for her I met Mr. Muzaffar.


One day I had to get an adjournment because my senior wasn’t feeling well. However, the lawyer of the opposite side desperately pleaded to argue the case any way. Now that was my first appearance before a senior High Court Judge and frankly I didn’t even realize the dangers involved.


In the Court packed with around 100 people some were lawyers and others were attending their respective hearing. The other side lawyer began arguing the case with enthusiasm and I didn’t know what to do because I had no idea what the case was about. A Gentleman who seemed to be a high profile lawyer came forward for my rescue, I didn’t now his name. 

Few seconds after the other lawyer began his argument both of us realized that my senior mistakenly took the case file with her and I had the wrong file. It was all surreal. God knows what happened thereafter but I remembered saying something appropriate and then the Judge granting us the adjournment. 


After the hearing ended and I was ready to leave the same gentleman beckoned me. I went to him, he asked my name and the lawyer’s name with whom I was working. He said, “forget about your senior you will go beyond her, provided you work hard”.

A newcomer being addressed by the Senior lawyer with those words of sheer encouragement is my friends, a very big deal.


Few days later I left that female lawyer and was sitting waiting in the High Court along with my law college principal. I was after my Principal’s life to get me into a good law firm. We were waiting for some lawyer and then that same Gentleman entered the Court room with his associate. He inquired from my Principal as to why I am sitting with him, and within 10 minutes into his conversation with my Principal he offered me to join his law firm from next Monday. That lawyer was Mr. Sohail Muzaffar and his associate was Fouzia.


And yes he also paid me my first salary, it was the very first time I actually got paid for working as a lawyer so you could imagine the excitement.

If anyone of you believes in coincidence then this is the real one. But then there are no coincidences everything happens for a reason.


It is usually perceived that when two females are together there are bound to be misunderstandings, however, in Fouzia’s case nothing of the kind occurred. Although she is of extremely quite nature and introvert yet we really had an amazing bonding.


It was during that period I solely began arguing cases in banking court, tribunals, custom and lower courts. Sir trusted me with such responsibility and before giving me cases to work on, he would simply say, “this is your baby now take care of it”.

And Fouzia not only looked after me but secretly covered up my glitches.


Haaa, those were good old days. I shall always remember their kindness and pray for them. They took me under their wings and helped me at such a critical time of my career.Thanks a lot both of you.


And now my dearest I shall take some rest because I just came to know that I have 101 temperature but I don’t feel weak or sick, thanks to the acupressure session which I had today at Dr. Zainab’s clinic that this temperature is not effecting me much.


So Good Night, my dears.


Much affection.


Sonya. (DAY 226)

P.S. Soon I would be publishing my mother's  (Dr. Shamim Ara) articles on my blog's other page which she would write on Skin and its related issues. I have also given a link to her facebook page on the right side so if anyone of you is interested then you are most welcome.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

3 January 2019

From Home to Dubai: A New Year's Journey

23 March 2019