School & Teachers

Ah finally the results, well not mine but my cousin Adeel’s who thankfully went through in Class 9th board exams. He came upstairs very excited, showed me his roll number. Congratulations and thank yous’ were exchanged and then we chatted for almost an hour. He was so joyful and I was happier to see him like this. These moments with children are so precious for them and love and encouragement from elders remain with them for a lifetime.

I have been fortunate in my academic life because my mother never pressurized me into getting highest of grades. I never believed in any competition so I never encountered any competition, I always got what I truly wanted. During my college tuitions we had in our midst a matriculation topper, she was a lovely girl but mostly anxious for her studies. One day while she was arguing to brutally defeat any competition which comes in our way and our Botany Professor Sir Abbasi said something beautiful in his response to her.

   He said, never ever compete with anybody, do not even think about a healthy competition because what competition actually means is that you are jealous of somebody’s success. You would waste all your life in attempting to defeat someone and as a person you will become bitter because you don’t want to win but you cannot tolerate anybody else winning.
     However, always only compete with yourself, only try to defeat yourself, and do your best now than what you did in the past- and success shall become your slave.”

These words of my teacher are more precious to me than the Kho-i-Noor Diamond. I am so blessed to have been in the pupilage of some of the amazing people. 

Thank You God for all the opportunities and resources which You have bestowed me with..

On a very emotional note; Good Night and sleep well my dear ones.

Sonya. (Day 220)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

3 January 2019

From Home to Dubai: A New Year's Journey

23 March 2019