Idiot Box



Thank you so much everybody for your warm response to yesterday’s post. I have read all your emails and it is nice to know that my story resonated with you. I have to admit that even writing Lights & Goodbyes was fun. 

In the background I hear voice of famous television anchor revealing the doing or misdoings of people in power raising political temperature every moment. I could never get myself to watch these shows with dedication, it feels as if same issues are repeated over and over again. Everybody comes on TV as a theatrical actor playing their role and exiting. 

As for the Pakistani TV plays they are beyond me. Either they have become too real life or they talk of fantastical lives. Showing reality of any society could prove to be vital for any positive change in the way of our thinking but art and obscenity has a very fine and thin line between them and at times our plays' cross these fine lines easily. Moreover, on every channel I get to see only five of our veteran male lead actors. They are present in almost every other play and the situation with females actors is not that different either.

Maybe after seeing the golden era of PTV plays where reality was shown aesthetically these plays are hard to digest. However, some TV plays are worth watching with solid performances, plays like Laahasil and Man-o-Salwa were really good attempts.

I am on way to sleep and I hope the situations be more promising and to be in much better spirits tomorrow.

Sonya. (Day 225)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

3 January 2019

From Home to Dubai: A New Year's Journey

23 March 2019